From: Jenny M Benson [mailto:ge...@cedarbank.me.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, 21 February 2012 04:06
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] suggestion I submitted

On 20/02/2012 13:49, Michele Lewis wrote:
> I just submitted this suggestion.  I hope other would want this too.
>
> “I think you should make it where the date of birth and the place of
> birth are separate fields when it comes to sourcing.
>
> Death certificates often give the place of birth for the deceased's
> parents but not the date.
>
> The census records also give a place of birth for the parents but not
> the date.
>
> If you use one of the above as a source for the date of birth/place of
> birth, it appears as though the source named both.”

In an ideal world it would be good, but as I include all the details
and/or the full text in my Sources it is possible to see exactly what is
being Sourced by any particular citation.

It's quite possible that I will know, from a variety of Sources that
someone was born on ddmmmyyyy in Anytown, County, Someland but some of
the Sources I cite might only give the date, or might only give the
year, or might only give the County or might only give the Country.  By
referring to the wording of each ciation and any Citation Text I have
included I can see precisely what information came from where.

--
Jenny M Benson