From: Mike Fry [mailto:mike...@iafrica.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:41 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Location defaults changed

On 2012/03/13 02:31, Vivian Gullickson White wrote:

> Well, if you read the Revision History for 12 Feb 2012 before you
> upgraded it tells you:
> http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/RevisionHistory7.asp
>

> Changed Items
>
> Geo Location Database - It will now return "United States" instead of
> "USA" when selecting a location from the USA.
>
> I usually look at the changes before I update to see if I really wish
> to update at this time:)

So do I!

I think the BIG problem is that when an update becomes available, other than
this list, the notification method is via the Updates section of the Legacy
Home tab. People see that there's an update and click on the link.

If they were to click on the section title, Updates, they would get a window
that allows them to 'See What's New' before they launched willy-nilly into the
download.

So, it's really a case of caveat emptor!

Me! I prefer not to upgrade from the web and to download the full, 46Mb,
Legacy7Setup file, which, after downloading, I immediately rename by suffixing
it with the version number, thus creating a historical list of files going back
to the original 7.0.0.109 :-)

--
Regards,
Mike Fry