That’s why I also create and use the repository that I used!

-----Original Message-----
From: Michele Lewis
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:34 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] 1940 census template questions

This is a good question.  Legacy’s templates have “blanks” for all of the
stuff you are supposed to cite.  One of those “blanks” is for WHERE you
accessed the record.  You want to say if it was a FHL microfilm, or a
FamilySearch image, or an Ancestry image etc.  One reason was discussed
today on the Association of Professional Genealogists email list.  It was
actually being discussed in reference  to a different topic but it applies
here.  The different “repositories” treat the images differently.  They
enhance them to make them more clear and readable.  Each one has their own
way of doing this.

Let’s say I access the census on Ancestry and I see a name like this…

Williams, James.

But, let’s say someone else looked at it at FamilySearch.  Because the image
was enhanced differently a faint “on” shows up at the end of the name so now
we have
Williamson, James

It can make a difference so you need to direct people back to the exact
image that you examined.

Michele