From: Bain Family
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2012 10:13 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] How do I add a photo to an existing Source Detail?

I am using 7.5.0.185 (paid version).

Using SourceWriter, I added a Master Source (a newspaper) and transcribed an
obituary into the Detail section.  Using this, I sourced many names, places,
dates, events, etc... relating to the deceased and family.  Now -- after the
fact -- I have obtained a clipping of the original obituary which I have
scanned and would like to insert into the Source Detail.

>From the Family View, I have went to the Individual’s Information screen,
opened the Assigned Sources icon, highlighted an Event sourced to this
obituary (for example, ‘birth’ – the name of the newspaper is showing in
the
Source List Name column and the name of the individual is showing in the
Detail column), clicked Edit Detail tab, then Multimedia tab, and
successfully inserted the scan of the obituary.  However, the scan only
shows for this one specific event.

Must I insert the scanned obituary one by one into each event sourced?  Is
there any way to edit all the items sourced back to this obituary to include
the scan of the obituary with one simple edit?  If so, how?  When I edit a
Source, it asks if I want the change to apply to all events or all future
events, but when I edit a Detail it edits the one specific event and offers
no other options.

Thank you,
Lana