On 2012/09/01 23:13, Bain Family wrote:

> Must I insert the scanned obituary one by one into each event sourced?  Is
> there any way to edit all the items sourced back to this obituary to include
> the scan of the obituary with one simple edit?  If so, how?  When I edit a
> Source, it asks if I want the change to apply to all events or all future
> events, but when I edit a Detail it edits the one specific event and offers
> no other options.

Think about it!

Your Master Source is the Obituary that you have transcribed and for which you
have subsequently obtained a scanned clipping. So... the scanned image belongs
with your transcription in the Master Source record of which there is (or should
be) only one record.

The Assigned Sources icon probably shows multiple references to this one
obituary for one individual, and consequently, there will be lots of these -
combinations of individuals and citations. To me, the label of 'Assigned
Sources' is slightly misleading, since it really represents a collection of
references to sources (linked to events and pieces of data) rather than the
sources themselves.

So, you should attach the image of the clipping to the Master Source every
citation that refers to this clipping will have access to a copy of the image.
When you do this, and there are multiple references to the source, you will be
asked if you want the change to apply to all of the references or not. If you
don't elect to do this, you will get a duplicate Master Source record: one copy
will not have the scan and the other will. Your existing references will all
refer to the original, non-image Master Source.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry