That's for opening files in RTF or documents you have linked to in the
Picture Gallery.

The case option in Options > Customize > Data Format only affects the
specific fields mentioned in the options.  You should have those set the
way you want them before you do the import.

The options don't affect notes.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support