Brian,

This is good to know.  Thanks Brian.
I'll tag your email as a keeper.
For now I can live with this issue.

As y'all know now, I'm still using v.5 Deluxe
on an old PC that would be retired in business.
This pc does only Legacy.  No Internet connection.
I've cleaned up M$ Windoz XP for speed.
My needs here are simple.  Mostly data entry
and reports for relatives.  And I like speed.
And until now I've found no reason to upgrade.
And the changes Brian has mentioned below are
not worth the time and expense for me to upgrade.
But if v.7+ is faster, then ...

JimS
Writh's law - Software is getting slower more rapidly
than hardware becomes faster.