Biology 101:  In human reproduction there is always an egg
and a sperm!  Whether the contributors were married,
cohabited outside of marriage, had consensual sex, used
artificial insemination, or any other means of bringing the
egg and sperm together, there was still a female who
contributed the egg and a male who contributed the sperm.
That means there were names of those contributors to enter
into Legacy, though they may not always be available to us
as researchers.  How we label the relationship between the
two contributors is optional, but the method of
fertilization being something other than the classic sexual
relationship between two married heterosexual adults does
not make either contributor go away, no matter how we think
of them.  There was always a mother and a father, or if you
insist, a male and a female contributor. :-)

John Zimmerman
Mesa, AZ