I am now desperate. I spent some time with the tech support people at Milennia
looking around on my computer. He could not solve the problem. He did try 7.5,
and it returned the same error. He said there must be some sort of conflict on
my computer, but he did not have a clue what it might be. He was very
apologetic. He set my BitDefender antivirus software to Game Mode and thought
that might do it, but no. The program actually opens, but the second I try to
open a file, like the Sample file (and he also created a test file, but same
thing), it returns the error. I used the program on this same Windows 7
computer not very long ago. The only programs I have installed since that time,
according to my Control Panel, are Turbo Tax and Java and something called
Microsoft Silverlight (I didn't actually install that--don't know what it is or
where it came from). I uninstalled Java. No change.

He suggested that as long as I use this computer, I probably can't use Legacy.
That doesn't make sense to me, as I used it on this very computer not long ago.

He said the incompatibility issue is not that uncommon, and yet there is no
"list" of known incompatible software.

I feel totally stranded. Is there any way I can send my data file and have
someone convert it to a gedcom so that I can open it in another family tree
software program (like FTM or something)? Right now, I don't even think I can
create a gedcom, can I? The tech support guy said he didn't think I could.

Please help....
Barbara

Sent from my iPad