From: Paul Gray <graypa...@outlook.com>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Sent: Sun, March 17, 2013 8:55:13 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Organization of Photos, Scanned Documents and etc.

JLB,

Although we all have our own opinions of various software programs, I must
disagree with your assessment of Photoshop, at least version 10 and 11, the
latest ones.

The main thrust of this thread was around file structures for ease of finding
various files from the masses of files we tend to accumulate. Tagging is another
way of accomplishing the same thing.

Photoshop allows tagging, including batch tagging, of photos. It also has great
facial recognition and facial tagging, which does a pretty good job (yes, there
is some manual work required)  of tagging the people in photos. Then, one can
find photos by any combination of keyword tags, and/or 'people tags'. In my
view, it's an excellent organizer.

Before rejecting it, I urge anyone considering Photoshop to download the free
trial and see for yourself. Also, be patient, it is fairly complex to learn, the
trick is to use just those small parts that you need for organization at the
beginning and gradually get into more complex functions.

I hope I'm not going to be ruled off topic, as Photoshop has been discussed in
Webinars and Geoff's digital imaging book (I think), but it isn't really a
Legacy add on. So, this thread may be stopped soon.

Paul Gray

<snip>