All I want to do is to be able to say that an individual never married,
without having to also say s/he had no children!!

Really, that to me does not seem like an outlandish request!!  And I do not
understand why I need to switch genealogy programs, as one user has
suggested!!

It is common knowledge that it is perfectly possible to have children and
not be married, so why does Legacy insist (on the individual screen) that
the two must be inextricably linked?  It makes no sense whatsoever to me,
especially in light of the fact that no genealogist can say with certainty
that an individual had no children.  We know that a man can have children
and not even know it himself!!  And a woman can have children in some
secrecy so that not even her family members know!!

As someone has said, you can add "Had no children" elsewhere.  On the
marriage screen, there are two separate options for "did not marry" and
"had no children."  Why can there not be those two separate options on the
individual screen?   (When I was a child and knew nothing of birds and
bees, I thought God knew when people got married and arranged for them to
have children only if they were married.  Maybe Legacy has the same
mindset??  :-)  )

Pat