From: singhals [mailto:singh...@erols.com]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 7:33 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] marriages

Yes, indeed.

We're not required to use that box or any other; if you want to use it, use it;
if you don't, don't.

And, yes, there are situations where you can state with absolute certainly that
someone died unmarried and without
issue:  what about my great-aunt who died of pneumonia at the age of 6 months?
Or the 10-year-old cousin who drowned?
Both too young to marry and too young to be a parent.

The difference between "not known to have married" and "known not to have
married" is more than style.

Cheryl Singhal