On 2013/11/03 00:36, Holly Knott wrote:

> Hi! I’m new to this list and just got my first few messages from others on it
> …
> and I searched the archives and it seems the most recent query about a digest
> mode dates back a few yrs. Is there a way I can stay a part of this but
> receive
> msgs in a daily digest format? I can’t handle countless individual messages
> flying into my inbox, but I can certainly skim a few digests a few times a
> week.
> Thanks! If not, I will sadly have to unsub.

I can not understand this fascination with Digests!

Receiving a Digest :-

a) does NOT reduce the volume of 'readable' characters received
b) does NOT reduce the number of real messages received
c) DOES lead to lazy trimming of messages
d) DOES lead to poor threading of messages
e) Using a Digest does mean that you have to read more of the Digest in order to
decide whether or not you want to submit a response or reply on a particular
thread, or indeed, that you aren't interested in a thread.

Whereas, receiving individual messages :-

a) makes it easier to organise your inbox
b) makes it easier to archive messages that you might want to retain
c) makes it easier to ignore threads that don't interest you

Since the start of November, and up until the time of this reply, there had been
12 messages on the list and five of those (six including this one) were
occasioned by this Digest need. Hardly 'countless' messages!

--
Regards,
Mike Fry