From: Kathy Thompson [mailto:kmthoms...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 5:53 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Research guidance - Goal with no suggestions

to have to put in a date to get research guidance suggestions, also defeats the
purpose really.

If I knew when someone died, I wouldn't need suggestions on where to look for
their death

On 25 December 2013 22:37, Jenny M Benson <ge...@cedarbank.me.uk
<mailto:ge...@cedarbank.me.uk> > wrote:

On 25/12/2013 11:32, Kathy Thompson wrote:
> For one of my people, I have Zero suggested sources to try and find a
> death, no ignored sources either.
>
> How? I have a dozen kids, half a dozen residences, no death for the person.
> Why do I not have suggested sources for finding a death?

I've only looked at one person so far, but I had no death date for her
and zero suggested Sources in Research Guidance suggestions.  Then I put
a year into the Death Date field and immediately lots of Sources appeared.

Presumably, this is a "design feature" but I don't like it.  If I have
to put "any old date" in the field in order to get the suggestions, I am
quite likely to forget it is "any old" and think I have some evidence
for it and will restrict my researches to around that time.

There must be lots of suggestions which could be made even without an
indication of what sort of time period one should be searching in.

--
Jenny M Benson