Thanks.  I know about Ancestry.com.  I believe they use software to transcribe
most of their records which is why I don't trust their transcriptions.  If no
image is available with the transcription, it gets a low-star rating from me
until I find something better.

I guess I should have been clearer on this.  I was talking about people I knew
like my great aunts and uncles and those who share my last name or that I knew.
 I've seen Boswell spelled as BOSWENN.  I know that to be wrong, but I listed
it as an AKA anyway.  I've only found this at Ancestry.com.

In that same census record, many of the first names were wrong too and I've
seen this error get transferred over to other people's trees.  "Johanna" was
listed as "Josephine."  This one is typed so it had to be listed in my AKA's.
This could have been converted from handwritten to typewritten after the census
was taken and transcribed wrong at that time.  I can't imagine the census taker
had a typewriter with him/her at the time.

Bill Boswell