On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Brian/Support <br...@legacyfamilytree.com>wrote:

> This ability to copy sentences from another event or role already exists
> in Legacy 8.
>
> When editing an event look for the reset button, that will let you copy
> sentences from another event to the event you are editing.
> When editing a role the reset button lets you copy the sentences from
> any role in any other event.
>
> Brian
> Customer Support
> Millennia Corporation
> br...@legacyfamilytree.com
> http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com
>
> On 09 Feb 2014 3:10 PM, CE WOOD wrote:
> > I totally agree!!!! It is an incredible pain! When you find the
> combination that sounds good to you there definitely needs to be a way to
> do this.
> >
> > I hope Legacy will incorporate this soon. Please send as a suggestion. I
> have done so several times for Legacy 7.5 but had no response, and,
> obviously, Legacy did nothing about it.
> >
> > I have not upgraded yet because there are still too many bugs, and I
> really have other things I must do besides enter material twice keep two
> Legacy programs up to date, which I would have to do to have the reports
> and sharing that I do.
> >
> > Anyway, since Legacy no longer accepts suggestions for Legacy 7.5, I
> have sent them a suggestion to incorporate your suggestion in Legacy 8.
> However, it may take a while before they get around to suggestions

Brian,

I am not requesting the ability to copy roles between events.  I want to be
able to copy customized sentences from one role to another role within the
same event.

Using the Residence event as an example - I create a Role : Son  - in order
to have my sentences read better, I have customized all 8 possible
sentences ( all fields filled, place and date field filled, etc.).

Now, still in the Residence event I want to create a new Role - Wife.
Rather than having to go through and customize each of the eight sentences
again, I am asking for the ability to copy the Son role (complete with
customized sentences) and then rename it Wife.

Ron Bernier
Woonsocket, RI