I created my genealogy site using v7.5. Although I've continued my
research, It's been years since I've updated the web and now I'm planning
on another update soon.

I purchased v8 when it was released and played around with it for a couple
days but all my data still resides in my v7.5 installation. I like the fact
that the v8 installation is more Windows compliant and uses the windows
file structure like it's supposed to be used instead of how v7 did it
putting the user files in the root drive. This would be my main reason for
the upgrade. I don't plan on using many of the new features of v8 like the
source writer because I have too many sources now to go back and redo them
all. There *may* be other features I could get used to though. :-/

So, I have a couple questions.

1. If I move all my "user" files (i.e. my personal added content such as
the "family.fdb", photos and documents. Not the Legacy user profile files)
from C:\Legacy over to the My Documents/Legacy Family Tree folder is there
anything that will cause me problems? This probably isn't a big deal for me
because I can usually wade through missing links to photos and things like
that. But if anyone has had any problems I'm interested in knowing if I can
expect any surprises.

2. I'm heavily into web creation. The web output of v7.x, while it leaves a
lot to be desired, is not that hard to work with once you know how to work
around the deficiencies. I'm particularly interested in the pedigree web
page output. For those of you that have upgraded to v8 and output to
pedigree web pages.... Are there any gotchas in v8 that broke things that
worked v7?

Thanks,
Gordon