Not that I don't believe you, but it would be surprising for a
stand-alone non-resident program to wipe out cut/paste in all other
programs, so let me ask you a silly question:  Have you tried booting?

Try this:
* COLD boot (not just restart, but shut down and let it sit a minute.)
* While it is down, try unplugging your keyboard.  Take a look at it
unplugged - any keys feel "strange" or unresponsive?  Any gunk
between/under any keys?  Give it a mild shake - anything rattling? Just
for grins, check your mouse while system is off, see if anything seems
amiss.
* I've had odd keyboard issues and found that it does wonders just to
power down and run your hand back and forth across ALL keys so they go
down/up two or three times.
* Plug your keyboard back in and then power back up.
* Then, before you start legacy, try a simple cut/paste (maybe in a
simple program like notepad).  Use only your keyboard first (hold down
shift and use arrow to highlight, then CTRL-C and CTRL-V.  Then try
using just your mouse (highlight and then right click).
* If that works, shut down notepad (or whatever), start up Legacy, and
restart Notepad.  Try cut/paste in notepad while Legacy is in the
background.
* If that works, try cut/paste within Legacy.
* If that works, try cut/paste from Legacy to something else (and then
also try from something else to Legacy).

I know some of us use cut/paste a LOT, but can you remember when was the
last time you had a successful cut/paste?  Has anything ELSE changed
since then?  (Windows behind-the-scenes auto-update, antivirus
auto-update, any other new program, new hardware, new USB key, etc, etc,
etc).

If any of the above tests fails, try doing a system restore to just
before the Legacy upgrade - see if it works then.
And/or try uninstalling legacy and try the above tests.  Then install an
older version of Legacy.  Try again.  Then upgrade Legacy, try again.

Yea, yea, yea, I know, that's a lot of testing.  And I do believe you
that it is not working.  I just find it strange that a single program
would impact your entire system.  Some type of system update or resident
program update would be more apt to be the cause.  Yes it is probably
possible for a 3rd party program to have a global impact, but . . .

Good luck!  I'd be lost w/o cut/paste (why do we call it cut/paste when
we usually COPY/paste???).  I can still remember when I first installed
Windows way back in the mid 1980s (I started on PCs w good-old DOS).  I
was in a spreadsheet and wanted to put something from that in my word
processor.  I "memorized it" so I could manually type it in to the word
processor and started to shut down the spreadsheet so I could start up
the word-processor . . . and suddenly I remembered I was using Windows
and could have both running at once!  Started up the word processor, did
a cut/paste, and was in total AWE!  I sometimes miss the old days of
simple DOS and MUCH simpler installs and little or not conflict between
ANY programs.  But there are definite pluses with Windows.

Bob