Hi, thanks for responding Sherry. Sorry about the attachment: point taken.

As I mentioned, it's not just one file that gives this problem: I have many
Legacy files for different projects, and any or all of them will give this
issue at some point or another.

And the size of the file does not seem to be related either. As I
mentioned, I had this issue recently within about 20 minutes of starting to
input into a new, empty file.

One thing that could be relevant, however, is that I always use the option
to import sources from a previous file when creating a new file, to avoid
the need to re-enter all my source definitions. Could that be a factor?

It is certainly the case, I think, that the problem occurs more frequently
when I am inputting an event where I myself have defined the event.

Pete