From: LegacyUserGroup
[mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On Behalf
Of johnbernac...@iprimus.com.au
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2016 4:10 PM
To: 'Legacy User Group'
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Adding 23and Me DNA results to
Legacy?

I recently had my DNA tested via the Genographic Project.
They use Y-DNA,
Mt-DNA and autosomal DNA to determine your Haplogroups and
regional
ancestry, which is what I wanted.

If you want to try to find relatives, you can, free of
charge, transfer your
results to FamilyTreeDNA, and use their program for that
purpose. I did not
take that step because it would be a waste of time.

Frankly, I am disgusted by all the companies misleading
people about how
useful or easy DNA is for finding relatives. Autosomal DNA
only works for
the few most recent generations, and that information would
be much more
easily found using traditional genealogy practices. Even if
you find a
possible relative by using DNA, you still need to use
traditional geology to
confirm it.

In Legacy there is no specified field for adding your
Haplogroups and
regional ancestry, although you could put it general notes
etc.

John