Thank you. So, since Legacy 8 will not overwrite Legacy 6, once I can figure out where Legacy 8 stores its data, I could run both until I figure out the new one. Is this correct?
 Barbara

------ Original Message ------
From: "Steve Hayes" <hayes...@telkomsa.net>
To: "Legacy User Group" <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Sent: 2/2/2017 1:06:47 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Big Question

On 2 Feb 2017 at 12:46, Barbara Ford wrote:

Brian, then if I kept both, would they access the data from the same data file, or does Legacy 8 put its data in a different location, and does it save it "on the fly" like Legacy 6? My Legacy 6 data is all in a folder named Legacy that resides directly on the C hard drive. I don't have a real reason for wanting NOT to use Legacy 6, except that I fear it would not work well
 with Windows 10. Am I right on that?

Legacy 6 should work with Windows 10.

Legacy 8 keeps its data and program files in different places from Legacy 6,
but you can set it up to staore your data anywhere you want.

If it worries you, just put Legacy 6 on your new computer and copy your
datafiles there.

--
Steve Hayes
E-mail: sha...@dunelm.org.uk