The current hinting I see as a start... and a good start at a competitive
hinting system to ancestry. Hinting has been to this point one of ancestry
'72 biggest advantages, and I like the ability to use multiple hinting
sources... that said another advantage to ancestry has been attached images
of the actual cited documents so you can download your own copy. That
ability is also needed. As it has been use family search to search or
expand tree without charge, you still seam to need Ancestry to document
beyond a citation... actual image of a primary source document... so true
competition will need to include those features at some point in the
national databases. That is to say while the program as I see it is far and
away the best, the free databases have some catching up to do.  The ability
to see and save a source document as part of a hint is primary as opposed
to what may be a guess as to date from someone else's undocumented guess on
their tree... goes to what is the quality and source of the information in
a hint.