From: LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On
Behalf Of Sherry
Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 5:19 PM
To: Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Fina a Grave duplicates

I understand that - my comment is that you can't *trust* what you find on Find
A Grave to be accurate. One of the bonuses is tombstone pictures, but that
doesn't mean the information on the tombstone *or* the information transcribed
and placed on Find A Grave is accurate.

Sometimes people take these things as gospel. We need to be careful and get the
*primary* documentation....

The spurious marriage and child for my ancestor was somehow "estimated" by Find
A Grave.

​Bad information can be posted on a website and *must* be confirmed by the
primary documentation - i.e., birth date from birth record, death date from
death record, etc.

A newbie would assume that what they find on the site is correct, but it's not
always.

I have written to people who have posted memorials to let them know they posted
bad info..... most of them are just transcribing tombstones and have no idea if
the info is correct or not.

However, we're getting way far from Legacy in this thread....
​

​​

Sherry