From: Denise Moss-Fritch <d.mossfri...@comcast.net>
To: 'Legacy User Group' <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Sent: Tue, May 2, 2017 8:04 pm
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Fina a Grave duplicates

“I have seen all sorts of problems with Find A Grave.
My great grandfather's tombstone has a wrong birthdate”
A tombstone with the wrong birth date is hardly the fault of Find A Grave. A
family member at the time commissioned the tombstone. There are any number of
reasons as to how they had the wrong date.
When I’ve found such I’ve written the contributor to the memorial and
identified my source. Corrections have been made in such circumstances, with
the memorial creator typically adding a note to explain the difference between
the date on the headstone and the date identified in the memorial.
Denise

I have seen all sorts of problems with Find A Grave.

My great grandfather's tombstone has a wrong birthdate.

FAG has a great granduncle married to a woman and fathering a child that was
not at all possible.

I thought SSDI shows where the benefits check was sent, not where the person is
buried? My father died in California, was buried in Montana and the benefits
check went to me in Washington. So the location for death can't be used for
either death or burial location!

I have seen bad information beget more bad information. When I see two
secondary or tertiary sources "match", I don't take it as gospel until I find
the *primary* source!

Sherry