From: LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> on behalf of
David Dearth <deart...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 6, 2017 7:21 PM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] V9 Error Code 3045 **SOLVED**

Thank you Bob, Robert, Ian, Pete and Cathy!  There's a great group of
people on this list!

After much experimentation, the problem has been found.  Ian, it appears
that you were on the right track.  My anti-virus software was the
culprit.  I am running Webroot SecureAnywhere on all of our computers
and devices.  This is a popular (I think) program that I originally
purchased from Best Buy.  This is the first time I have had any kind of
issue with it since 2009 when we first started using it.

If anyone else is using Webroot and having issues with Legacy, this is
what I have done...  Open Webroot, then go to Identity Protection
settings (the gear icon).  There is a tab there for Application
Protection.  Choose this tab and you will see many of your programs
listed.  The options are "Protect", "Allow" and "Deny".  Legacy 9 was
set to "Deny", apparently by default.  I changed it to "Allow", and all
of my problems disappeared!  I tried many different things to track down
this problem, starting with the suggestions from you folks.

This one tweak fixed the following problems:

1. Error Code 3045 (not a Legacy error) on exit.
2. Error Code 3045 sometimes on startup.
3. Inability to paste text.  This was a problem that I was not aware of
at the time of my first post.  I could not paste anything that I copied,
which I used to do quite routinely. No field, including general notes,
would accept pasting of any kind.  It just remained blank.
4. Backups not occurring.  Backups are now working beautifully!
...Backup to Legacy Cloud seems to be working now too, but I'm thinking
that issue may be unrelated??  Just coincidence in timing perhaps.
5. Hints are working extremely well now.  I did not realize before that
the Hint feature may have been hindered somewhat by this issue. After
changing this setting in Webroot, I saw orange dots (hints) popping up
everywhere!  It was not like that before. Just a few here and there.

I am extremely happy with Legacy 9!  Glad I upgraded from 7.5!

Anyone else running Webroot - check your settings!

Thanks a million!

Dave Dearth