On 5/8/2017 1:51 PM, Ed Ladendorf wrote:
It seems that there are people who would like to have the ability to add
embedded images to posts, and possibly some who are against that (although that
might not be the case). Since the membership of the list is not what it once
was, maybe the ones who make the rules would be open to putting it to a vote of
the remaining members??

Is it possible to get a virus from an embedded image? I don't know the answer
to that, but I know a lot of forums allow that, so I doubt it's a problem. Who
would like to have a vote? If that's acceptable, count me in for allowing it.
If not, I'll abide by the rules.

embedded images are sent with the email as attachments, so yes, they can easily
send viruses.  Some people have limited bandwidth due to various reasons;
financial, locality & availability of cable service.  It is not fair to hammer
their limited access.  It is a simple matter to post your image to a reputable
hosting site and post the link.  Every body benefits and no one suffers.

--

Gene Young
Researching Young, Harer, Cox & Sallada