Certainly malware  scripts can be embedded in JPG images, but every server has
anti-malware utilities that check for those.

As for size, if you look at the size of the post that you just sent, CE WOOD,
it is greater than any of the individual images posted by Carrie Pillow.

That is because the internet headers are incredibly large, because of all the
anti-malware checks that are done along the way from sender to Millennia's
server and then back to all the subscribers to this list.
To view those internet headers - in Microsoft Outlook it is quite easy, using
Message Options (you may have to customize).

Actually, size of individual list posts should not be a problem these days -
provided small images are the rule. Windows Snipping Tool is usually OK for
illustrative pics of Legacy Family Tree, I would think. Videos are always too
large.

My opinion is that a few, well-chosen images clarify an explanation and will
reduce the chatter through misunderstandings. Also, trimming some of the prior
replies when sending a reply is sensible and polite. (That used to be a rule of
internet etiquette)

Ian Thomas
Albert Park, Victoria 3206 Australia