From: Cathy Pinner
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 8:32 PM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Potential GEDCOM Error

Howard,
I trust your brother is getting excellent care in the Hospice.

Thanks for pointing out what you were using. It's not often I learn of a
feature in Legacy I've not been aware of. I use Advanced Set Living quite often
but didn't know you could change this setting for a group. I obviously don't
use the Name List/Search List often enough and when I do, I know what I'm
looking for and don't see the other options.

I certainly wouldn't think of using it for an individual or two. Easier to do
it on their Individual Information screen where you can find the problem if you
can't change the setting.

In fact, I can't think of a use for it the way I use Legacy which is no doubt
why I don't know about it. It would perhaps be helpful when importing a gedcom
where the living setting was a mess. Set everyone without death information to
living and then use Advance d set living to set obviously deceased people to
dead.

Cathy

Howard Cady wrote:

  Cathy,
  Somewhere in the help listings for Legacy I found a method for
  resetting the Living Yes/No for a tagged set of individuals. I used
  tag 8 for the brother as the only tagged individual in my file. Then
  used the sequence of selections View/ Name List/ Options/ Set Living/
  All Individuals Tagged on 8/ Set Living = Yes to try to return the
  brother to life. I often got a message that 1 Individual had been
  reset, but found on his Individual Information screen that he was
  still dead.
  This brother is in Hospice Care and I had entries under Sources -
  Death Cause and Medical Notes listing his anticipated “Cause of Death”
  without realizing that a Sourced Note could actually be fatal without
  entering anything for Death/Burial information. It took me several
  attempts at finding and removi ng information, labels, or sources to
  bring him back to life.
  I don’t think I had a problem that will occur often. Your initial
  suggestion was the important clue for fixing my problem and I don’t
  think further work is needed.
  Howard