Hi Estelle

                Cathy is correct that the backup file is the normal zipped
version.

                I would guess that the issue with numbers added to the end of
the file name is because you are saving it to one of the cloud based systems,
like OneDrive or Google Drive.

Certainly, it is a known problem with Google Drive adding (1) to a file name
when it is saved to the Google Drive folder before Google Drive had managed to
sync the files back to the cloud version. Since Legacy technically does not
write a new file, I would assume that when it closes the .fdb file it is
treated as being a new file version.

I have just tried that out on Google Drive and it does not seem to have a
problem, but it might be different on how your system is setup, where you are
saving files, whether you are using a cloud solution and on the connectivity.

Regards

Chris