One or both of those should help. With the print from the Scrapbook in Legacy, you'll see you can just choose a tagged group. With thousands it would probably be more helpful to print for particular family lines. Note if you get inspired to change filenames, you permanently break the link in Legacy. The only way to change filename and not break the link is to use the Legacy Picture Centre to rename. That only works for image formats.

Cathy
Mary Leek <mailto:ml...@comcast.net>
Friday, 23 February 2018 6:57 AM

Gary,

How are you wanting to use these scanned documents?

What format have you used for these scanned documents? Are they scanned as a graphic or are they in PDF format or a combination of formats?

Are you wanting to combine all of the documents pertaining to each individual into a single file, with the first page being, for instance, a printout something like the Legacy Individual Report or a Family group sheet might provide? If so, would this be geared toward a printed hard copy or something that could be shared electronically?

Congratulations on locating, scanning and linking this material to individuals in your database. I like to save items like this, too.

Mary

*From:*LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] *On Behalf Of *Gary Crull
*Sent:* Thursday, February 22, 2018 3:38 PM
*To:* Legacy User Group
*Subject:* [LegacyUG] Documents

I've been doing genealogy for over 35 years, having gathered a vast number of documents - birth/death/marriage certificates and licenses, obituaries, wills, probate info, newspaper articles etc - some original, other's secondary.

I computerized back in the dark ages of personal computer technology (early 70's) with an IBM PC Jr and a floppy disk, two if you could afford it! Thus, NO availability of storing anything on the computer. As technology advanced and scanners became available I scanned everything I had collected to new computers with ample HD's as well as adding new scanned information.

I was a late comer to LEGACY having used 3-4 other software products that went out of business over the years forcing me to upgrade to newer products. My last upgrade a few years back was to Legacy (v7.0) and I love it having kept updates to the present V9.0.

My problem, question??

I have several thousand scanned documents stored on my HD that I have linked to individuals in my Legacy database. Is there any way of preparing an output document that would show the individual AND any/all supporting documents gathered over decades of collecting? I'm not inclined at this stage of life to even attempt transcribing this supporting information in to any templates available in Legacy!

Suggestions are welcome.

Gary Crull

P.S. I *_don't_*__use _FACEBOOK_ so make sure any replies are posted to the forum....

Gary Crull <mailto:treeclimber1...@gmail.com>
Friday, 23 February 2018 5:37 AM