From: LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> on behalf of
magnoliasouth <magnoliaso...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:50:29 PM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Backing up to the cloud

Old user here, but have taken a break from it for a while. I have personally
loved Legacy since the moment I got it back at the turn of the century (it's
weird hearing that, while not talking about 1900).I love the people that
created Legacy, the extras, the webinars, everything. Acquisitions are tough
and there are always problems, like needing new jobs. Not that this MyHeritage
situation applies to me (Ancestry user here) but I would much rather have a
company take their time to fix something and get it right the first time, then
rush and have even more glitches. Think Microsoft.

I think it's time that we sit back, relax and wait for MyHeritage to get it
right. Patience is a virtue. I am disappointed to see this list being so
confrontational what with "fake news" accusations and the like. It has always
been such a polite list. There are still other services which you can use for
backups and the truth is that you should. I learned a LONG time ago that you
need several backups and I lost a lot of data over that learning curve.

This list is for helping users use Legacy. If there are server problems (and we
obviously know there are) and that server now belongs to MyHeritage, then
MyHeritage (not Legacy) is responsible, so please take it up with them,
privately. Feel free to report back, because other users may benefit from your
newly acquired knowledge. Just please do not allow your personal frustration to
spill over, onto this help list.

Michelle and Legacy employees, thank you for time, patience and instruction.

Cindy Lloyd