This has nothing to do with mass imports.  If someone posts information that you don't already have, how can you know that it's not being recorded correctly?  You don't.  That's why we have standards; so that when we share information, we have consistency in data fields, and know what to expect.

Again, you have every right to store your data anyway you wish. Just keep in mind that if you intend to share this information, you are causing issues for those you share it with who follow the standards.

And...what does Trump have to do with Genealogy? LOL