On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:41 AM, Simon Ward <si...@bleah.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 12:21:41AM +0000, Matt Amos wrote:
>>> It may suit you, as a consumer of OSM data, to not give a damn about
>>> contributing back to the project, but that's not what OSM is about.
>>
>> i'm both a producer and a consumer of OSM data. and i do care about
>> contributing back, which is why i'm volunteering my time to help
>> replace the broken license we currently have with one which works,
>> rather than behaving in a derogatory and uncivil manner on the mailing
>> lists.
>
> I didn’t detect any uncivility on the part of 80n, and comments like
> yours would just worsen any impression of the situation, so please
> refrain.

i thought the implication that i don't contribute to OSM, and don't
"give a damn about contributing back to the project" was extremely
derogatory. maybe i need to go re-order some thicker skin, because
mine is clearly wearing thin.

> My view on the ODbL is it’s a much better fit.  It’s the contributor
> terms that are currently broken and need fixing, otherwise we move from
> one broken situation to another just as broken situation.

great! LWG is working on it, and your concerns have been noted.

cheers,

matt