On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 12:03:51AM +0000, Matt Amos wrote:
> any change away from that must be "chosen by a vote of the OSMF
> membership and approved by at least a majority vote of active
> contributors."

I also think the definition of an active contributor is too narrow.  I
actually think it should be scrapped completely, because it doesn’t
matter whether somebody isn’t active any more.  If I let OSM have my
data to be used under a particular licence (or variant of), then that’s
what I do.  If I believe in share-alike type stuff (which I do), I do
not generally wish to exempt an organisation from it (I may exempt
someone, but there have to be special circumstances that I feel warrant
this). I will not contribute further to OSM (directly) under such broad
terms, because I do not believe it is right.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall