On 08/25/2010 09:28 AM, Simon Ward wrote:

Instead of leaving it open to any free licence, how about we set set the
minimum attribution and share alike provisions and say that it will be
subject to review in X years? (Five?)

For data, attribution is only a matter of freedom to the extent that it's not a restriction on it. *Except* where it advertises to users the freedom that they have to use the data. If a way of achieving that without attribution could be found, attribution would no longer be necessary.

So I don't think setting a minimum attribution level is a good idea, at least from a "user freedom" point of view.

- Rob.