On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 09:41:27AM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> I am against trying to force our will on "OSM in 10 years". OSM in
> ten years will have a larger community and a larger data volume by
> orders of magnitude. I don't think it is right to force their hand
> in any way over and above the necessary minimum just because a few
> of us think so.

I’d like to see the length of copyright (and database right) terms
reduced too!  Can we encourage our respective governments to do that,
and at least put all geodata providers on the same playing field (if not
also for other works)?

Another suggestion then, if you would like not to force our will on “OSM
in 10 years”:

Instead of leaving it open to any free licence, how about we set set the
minimum attribution and share alike provisions and say that it will be
subject to review in X years? (Five?)

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall