Hi,

Anthony wrote:
C'mon, that's what "weak copyleft" means.  Not viral for some types of
derived works.

If that is indeed the definition of "weak copyleft" - and I'd like you to cite a source on that - then we're changing from one sort of weak copyleft license to another sort of weak copyleft license.

But (a) I don't think you have the definition right, and (b) I don't even know why we're debating which labels from software licensing are applicable to ODbL. You can call ODbL "blue copyleft" or "mint copyleft" if you want, it doesn't help the discussion.

If you make a produced work based on a derived database under ODbL, you have to share the database but not the work. If you do the same under CC-BY-SA, you have to share the work but not the database. Which license is "strong" and which is "weak"? The differ in where exactly share-alike is applied, but they do not differ in strength.