Hi, João,

On Friday 21 January 2011 00:28:21 Joao Neto wrote:
> I'm planning to develop an Android application that displays OpenStreetMap
> POIs near you and complements the OSM data with data coming from other
> sources (address, phone numbers, user notes, etc.).
> What are the license implications in doing that? Would I have to expose the
> combined data under the ODbL?

The general consensus is that *displaying* data (POIs, etc) on top of a OSM
layer is not a derivative work, so the ODbL doesn't apply to that data. Just
remember to mention attribution and where does each layer come from in your
app's documentation.

If you're keeping data apart, it'll be perfectly fine. Being able to switch
OSM on and off would be very good. However, if you're mixing OSM POIs with
some other POIs with no easy way to tell them apart, then ODbL would apply.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

Best,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es> <i...@geonerd.org>

Now listening to: Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas - Chillout Sessions, Volume 5
(2008) - [8] Run (6:20) (0.000000%)