Hi,

Maarten Deen wrote:
Any misunderstanding in this area will lead to friction: mapper A
thought he still had time to reconsider; but mapper B goes ahead and
deletes/re-maps A's work (possibly with less precision or other things
that A doesn't like). A, who intended to stay with OSM but was just
playing a little game of stubbornness and protest, is infuriated ("how
could you throw away my super precise mapping!"), and B has wasted his
time.

If that is your attitude towards the license change

I was describing the attitude of other people, and trying to make the point that we need to send them a clear message.

If the object of the game is to change the license regardless of anything,

At this point in time it is very likely that the license change will go through.

then just change it already.

I think the time before the actual switch (i.e. before phase 5) should be used to pre-emptively remap everything that has not been relicensed, so that we have a smooth transition instead of having to endure empty spots on the map. Nobody gains if we do this in haste.