On 2011-06-08 03:25, David Groom wrote:
Why do you and some others think that the majority of the contributors
are dumb sheeps who will sign everything?

1) Because I've seen postings to various OSM emailing lists along the
lines of:

(i) I trust OSM to get it right and so I just agreed to the CT;s

So trusting someone is equal to being dumb?

(ii) I don't like the CT's but I want my data preserved in OSM so I felt
I had to agree to the CT;s

These people had to resolve an inner conflict and decided this time to accept the CT. Does that mean that they'll come to the same conclusion the next time?

(iii) I'm not interested in legalities I just want to get mapping, so I
agreed to the CT's;

These people probably didn't care about cc-by-sa either and would perhaps sign everything. But are you sure?

2) Because there is very definite evidence that even though Nearmap
derived data is not compatible with the CT's, many mappers who have used
Neapmap in the past have agreed to the CT's

What evidence do you have? Has Nearmap already complained about it? Do you speak on behalf of Nearmap?

So, Andreas what evidence do you have, that the majority of those who
have agreed to the CT's, have given along a thoughtful consideration of
all the issues involved, and having done so have come to a reasoned
decision on whether or not they can agree to the CT's?

I've never stated such claims and thus need no evidence. But I think it's pretty arrogant to state that over 90.000 contributors (or rather over 120.000 for hypothetical new CT) don't know what they do.

Bye, Andreas