I don't see the issue with companies complying with like-for-like. There is
some logistical burden, but that could be offloaded by geocoding services.
There's something to explain, but there's something to explain with OSM anyhow.
OSM is open for geocoding, that can be worked out. I don't see the other side
of the argument here yet, why sharing back only geocoded strings is a problem.

I disagree that reverse-geocoding infects an entire database. That needs some
clarification.

Google's geocoding terms are not even defined, and it's likely legally than
anything significantly geocoded using GMaps is property of Google.

-Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron