En relación a Re: [L-I] Re: reply to Nestor on Yugoslavia,
el 3 Oct 00, a las 15:26, Macdonald Stainsby dijo:

> >  No doubt you would have simply called for the Argentine working
> >  class to capitulate to their bourgeoisie and embrace the regime in an unholy
> > pact against imperialism....
> >
> >  Owen
>  I would not have called for the workers to wander through the
> streets with Galtieri posters.

Well, _that_ would have been a strange proposition! How do you say,
rolling on the floor and laughing? Just imagine the sight!

It would be as difficult to have British workers to wander through
the streets with Churchill posters as it would have been to have
Argentinian workers to wander through the streets with Galtieri
posters.

[Excuse me, there is a little creature on my desk with a mischievous
smile, trying to catch my attention. I have an idea that this
creature wants to tell me something]

This creature happened to be a slanderer and a liar. Imagine it told
me that mean English workers _actually_ did something in the same
line???  That there were workers who even supported Thatcher against
us????  Oh, please, can't believe it.

> I also wouldn't expect them to listen
> to me either (I was seven at the time), while I preached from my
> Canadian pulpit.

But if you had preached the gospel you propose, not only they would
have listened to you, they would have also greeted you gladly as "one
of us", and opened up a place for you among their ranks. Argentinians
(and Argentinian workers too) are quite sensitive to people who, in
the First World, understand our plight and join in our march through
history. Children, even children seven years old, sometimes are taken
to mass demonstrations here.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky