Hallöchen!

Fabien Castan writes:

> [...]
>
> Hugin has released an automatic calibration and now maintain its
> own database.

I am a daily user of Hugin, and I am a Lensfun developer.  And I
never used both together!  In my opinion, this combination has never
made sense from a technical point of view, and caused some
awkwardness in Lensfun's code.

> Hugin release note: "The lensfun library has been removed as it
> did not fulfill our expectations. It has been replaced with our
> own camera and lens database which uses a data mining approach and
> operates automatically without user intervention."

I would not use this either.  If you create stiched panoramas, you
have to calibrate your concrete lens, using all fitting parameters
Hugin has.  A generic database with lenses of other people is too
inaccurate.

> http://wiki.panotools.org/Calibrate_lens_gui

I don't recommend this program.  Instead, one should follow
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/calibration/en.shtml.

> Again more dispersion in the open source community.

No, just different use cases.

Regards,
Torsten.

--