I can echo the sentiment that first impressions count, as much as we hate
that they do. Going "mainstream" requires quite a bit of hoop jumping.
Perception becomes almost as important as function.

I can echo that my experience with the search feature on the website is
that it barely works. I rarely reference the website because I can't search
successfully the majority of the time. If I do use it I'm searching the
website through google.

I'll also throw my vote in for calling the minibuffer the command line, may
I suggest that the text used just be "Command:", I think the "line" part is
implied by the following actual line.

My bits:

   - Code introspection/completion/analysis. This is a critical
   productivity booster that I wish was standard in Leo. This needs to be
   enabled out of the box to attract new users.
   - I'm expecting that Edward might disagree with this but a visual UI for
   altering the most commonly used settings would help new users make the
   transition into Leo's vastness. I would say that navigating the hundreds or
   thousands of options Leo has was a major hurdle for me.
   - Syntax highlighting performance. Most of the time performance is good
   enough. But when I want to look at a flat file view via @edit for larger
   files the performance is unacceptably slow. If I need to do flat file views
   of large files with syntax highlighting I need to switch editors.

Imo, Leo is good enough as it is.  What's not so good is outreach to the
> rest of the world.  Marketing, if you will. - Edward

I will partially agree with you, Leo is good enough, *for us (power users)*.
For the rest of the world I will disagree, they're expecting more "standard
features" and more to be done* for them* before they jump on board. That
doesn't mean we can't reach out, but Leo isn't ready for bringing in the
average Joe, which is evident in that the average Joe is not here already.
There are plenty of power users out there looking for the next awesome
editor, that is the low hanging fruit Leo should target first.