On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 05:51:25 -0800 (PST)
Josef <joe...@gmx.net> wrote:

> It seems to me that docutils is even required for the viewrendered
> plugin (perhaps indirectly?)

viewrendered uses docutils to render rst (reStructuredText) formatted
docs.  But it's a bug if viewrendered won't load without it, as rst
doesn't need to be rendered to be useful, and viewrendered should show
it in its raw form.  I think the rst is displayed in the log as a
fallback, which is ok.