Hi,

On 27/11/17 09:17, Terry Brown wrote:
> Miniconda only partly mitigates these drawbacks.
>
> I'm not saying that Anaconda / Miniconda shouldn't be suggested *among*
> the options, they just shouldn't be presented as the only option,
> just as getting Leo from git shouldn't be the only option.
>
> I think it comes down to what filter we're trying to apply to incoming
> users.  Python devs only?  Or all comers, even writers ;-)

I agreed. Several installation methods should be provided. Miniconda
should be suggested as the easiest way, similar to what Jupyter does,
but without requiring to install all anaconda to just install Leo (the
case of Jupyter is distinct because they suppose the users wants also
all the huge scientific python environment), without precluding other
install alternatives like pip.

I have pushed Leo for (scientific) writers, researchers and the "general
public". This is a way that will take time, but providing friendly
installers will make it easier to traverse for non-technical savvy users.

Cheers,

Offray