> But it's a bug if viewrendered won't load without it, as rst doesn't need
> to be rendered to be useful, and viewrendered should show it in its raw
> form.  I think the rst is displayed in the log as a fallback, which is ok.

Here is viewrendered init function. Clearly it refuses to start without
docutils. I agree with you that this plugin should work even without
docutils, or to give clear explanation why it doesn't work.

def init():
     '''Return True if the plugin has loaded successfully.'''
     ok = bool(got_docutils and QtSvg and QtWebKitWidgets)
     # 2017/08/18: register handlers only if all required imports
     # were successful.

     if ok:
         g.plugin_signon(__name__)
         g.registerHandler('after-create-leo-frame', onCreate)
         g.registerHandler('close-frame', onClose)
         g.registerHandler('scrolledMessage', show_scrolled_message)
     return ok

Vitalije