Thank you Lewis!

>Initially I tried to present these choices succinctly. It's not worth the
trouble;
>there are always exceptions, catches and exclusions. It would be a long,
>tedious discussion and a new users head would be spinning.

You put your finger on it! That's exactly the trouble I had.

The "Run Leo" section should be as simple as "open python shell and type
'leo' ". The pip install process puts leo.exe in PYTHONHOME\Scripts
(and leoc.exe for showing log messages in the shell console), which is
normally in PATH.

Could you expand on what you found sticky about Miniconda? For me I found
"install Miniconda3 >> open Anaconda prompt >> type `pip install leo`" to
be as smooth an experience as "Install python3 >> open python shell >> pip
install leo", but has the advantage of making many other tools easier to
install later. Installing PyQt is easier with conda and py2.7 also.

matt