> Then you could keep your development code entirely out of the repo until
> you got it to the point it was worth adding it in.  I'd like that.

A fork would accomplish this and then be easier to add to the main repo
later. I think so anyway, but there  might be things I'm not considering
that could make it more work than is desireable.

>> Also for sde-byside it's best not to use the same HOME, as files in the
>> .leo folder might get messed up.
>>

> That's a problem that I sometimes have, not only with side-by-side.  I
> don't like to use side-by-side anyway except for, let's say, checking that
> something still works in a different version of Leo.  Even virtual
> environments don't solve this, do they?

Correct, virtuals don't help with this unless you also virtualize HOME
(which is certainly possible by the way. There's a mechanism in conda and
probably others to run scripts automatically when the env is activated.)

-matt