I'd like to suggest looking into Svelte, a modern JavaScript framework
that's compiled at build time, so it has great performance.

I enjoyed this presentation: Rich Harris - Rethinking reactivity
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdNJ3fydeao> (Youtube)

And the learning materials and REPL on https://svelte.dev/ are excellent.